WEB DESK – According to a report, US issued a warning regarding likely attack on two famous hotels of Lahore after which diplomats of various countries cancelled their activities and limit the movement in metropolis.
A report published by the largest English daily’s website quoted a senior diplomat of one far-east country as saying that terrorist attack warning was issued by the US in diplomatic circles.
Diplomat of the far-east country also mentioned that his colleagues had to cancel an important meeting in a known hotel on The Mall after a US warning that the venue was likely to come under a terrorist strike.
They had to shift the venue to a Gulberg facility as the warning included another well-known hotel located in the vicinity of the Punjab Assembly, he said.
On March 21, PakistanTribe reported that according to an intelligence agency, Baloch insurgents could target the two venues in Punjab’s capital city. One of those target would be Pakistan Minaret and second a local hotel of least importance.
Report claimed that Baloch Republican Army (BRA) had planned to target Pakistan Minaret in Lahore somewhere near March 23.
The report had been submitted to federal government authorities. Sources claimed that all concern provincial and federal agencies were alerted regarding any possible act of terrorism. Source also said that concern authorities were asked to arrange foolproof measures for the security of national monument.