As many 1000 plus companies including Facebook and Google collect your data online, and they earn money using it.
But understanding the data collection and how to control data collection is not a easy thing for most of us. One helpful thing is understand privacy settings of Facebook, Google and other sites.
But for one or another reason, it is not done by most of us thinking privacy setting as a dull and complicated thing.
So the second thing to solve the privacy and data control issue is using any assisting software.
PrivacyFix from is a great tool to check your privacy on Facebook, Google, LinkedIn and web. Just a click will take you to the place where you could fix your privacy setting. The additional good thing is that you could block 1200 trackers, who usually track your online movement.
PrivacyFix also tells you about the sites which claim to reserve the right to sell your personal data to advertisers and whomever they want.
The software also has app to control your data and privacy on your mobile and tablet.
On Facebook it will you in following things:
- Control how you appear in search results
- Stop Facebook from tracking you on other sites
- Find out what you’re worth to Facebook
- Be alerted whenever privacy settings change
- Review and cancel old Facebook app permissions
On LinkedIn, it performs following:
- Review key privacy settings
- See if people know when you’ve viewed their profile
Some key features regarding Google control are:
- Control what Google collects about you
- See what your Google searches are worth
But of course, as other sites do, PrivacyFix, though it has not made it clear, might get your data and might use it like others.