Teen electrocuted in bathtub by her phone

Teen electrocuted in bathtub by her phone | pakistantribe.com

AUSTIN – A 14-year-old girl died last Sunday after being electrocuted as she charged her phone while bathing at home in Texas, US.

Madison Coe was playing with her phone in the bathtub which was being charged.

Though she had carefully put the device on a towel to keep it dry, all in vain before the fate, taking her life.

Madison sent a picture of her bathtub and a text to her friend before the death saying: “When you use [an] extension cord so you can plug your phone in while you’re in the bath.”

The police investigation carried out following the incident also concluded that Madison died because of the electrocution on the night of July 9.

Her family left the message in the wake of her death and regretted how easily they used to do the thing unaware of the consequences.

“She had her phone plugged into the extension cord and it was by the bathtub, and I did it, she did it, we all had sat there in the bathtub with our phones plugged in and played our games,” her stepmother said.

Madison was using Samsung 6s Edge and the initial report has suggested that her mobile phone on charge had not fallen into the bathtub but she would have incidentally touched the charging cord.

“There was a burn mark on her hand, the hand that would have grabbed the phone,” Madison’s grandmother said.

“a bathroom is a place for showers and personal time, and your phones don’t belong in the bathroom. Electricity and water do not mix. All it takes is a drop,” she added.

Video

Subscribe PakistanTribe’s YouTube Channel