ISLAMABAD – Oil and Gas Development Company Limited (OGDCL) has partnered with Higher Education Commission (HEC) to provide scholarships to needy students.
According to this program, 130 students from the weak financial background will receive scholarships to fulfil their dreams.
The scholarship program will allow students to get higher education in multiple fields including Engineering, Business administration, Law, Archaeology, Defense and Strategic studies, Gender studies, History, Sociology, Animal Sciences, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Electronics, Physics, Math, IT, and Pak Studies.
Both UG and PG courses are available (though with some restrictions) in this scholarship programme.
The scholarship program will cover the tuition, lodging and boarding fee for 130 deserving students in its first phase this year.
The program is specifically tailored for the students belonging from OGDCL operational and concessional districts. A complete list of the areas can be downloaded here.
The objective of the program is quite straightforward. It is to provide underprivileged students, who otherwise are capable and on merit, with the financial support to carry out their future education.
Who Can Apply?
- The applicant must belong from one of the operational/concessional districts of OGDCL.
- Students need to get an admission on the basis of merit first in any of the 9 partner universities.
- Only those students which are enrolled in the first semester/year in the courses offered by the partner universities are eligible to apply.
- The financial background of a candidate will determine their neediness. So students from remote areas with weaker financial conditions will be preferred.
- Some additional points regarding the offered programs are given below.
- All scholarships in Quaid-e-Azam University (QAU)m are offered for 02 years Masters Programs only.
- All scholarships in International Islamic University Islamabad (IIUI) are offered for Bachelors only.
- All scholarships in Engineering disciplines in various universities are offered for Bachelors only.
How to Apply
Fill out this online application form. Afterwards, the printed scholarship form will be submitted along with the supporting documents to the financial aid office of the partner university.