LAHORE – Pakistan Cricket Board has banned premier fast bowler Muhammad Irfan for one year from all form of cricket and also fined him Rs one million.
Irfan was charged for violating PCB’s code of conduct.
Fast-bowler Muhammad Irfan, who had been handed a charge sheet by the Pakistan Cricket Board for failing to inform the board about being contacted by bookies, has accepted the charges and has been banned for a year and fined Rs1 million.
On the other hand, Irfan has stated that bookies approached him, but he gave them to shut up call. He, however, accepted mistake for not bringing this contact into PCB’s knowledge, as he was supposed to, under the contract.
Irfan rendered an apology to the nation and said he was ashamed of his mistake.
The anti-corruption unit had earlier filed a charge-sheet against him over his involvement in the fixing scandal that hit the second installment of PSL this year immediately after the first match between Islamabad United and Peshawar Zalmi on February 9 in Dubai.
Mohammad Irfan has said that he could not inform the anti-corruption body and the board after two bookies approached him once the PSL kicked off, which he should have.
Sharjeel Khan, Khalid Lateef, Shahzaib Hasan and Nasir Jamshed are provisionally suspended at the time as the anti-corruption unit is probing allegations against them besides Irfan.