LAHORE – The Federation of International Cricketers’ Associations (FICA) on Monday said all foreign players have been told about the risk but were free to make their own decisions.
Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) mains that the March 5 final will be held in Lahore despite a series of deadly bomb attacks the country.
FICA reiterated its stance, saying there were high risks involved in travelling to Pakistan.
“Our security experts have advised that the security risks of playing in Pakistan, including Lahore, remained heightened,” Tony Irish, the FICA chief, told Wisden India.
“This information has been provided to players and each player will make his own decision as to whether or not he is prepared to go to Lahore for the PSL final.”
Last month, FICA irked the PCB by advising players against going to Pakistan. The PCB suggested that FICA had done a disservice to cricket in Pakistan.
But FICA hit back by saying that they had authentic reports on security fears and would not budge on their stance.
The PCB will hold a high-level meeting with the franchise owners to take their stance on the final in Lahore.
They are to hold another draft on February 22, to replace those foreign players that refuse to play in Lahore.