OMG: Man Dies After Leaving His iPhone Charging Overnight

OMG: Man Dies After Leaving His iPhone Charging Overnight |PakistanTribe.com

OMG: Man Dies After Leaving His iPhone Charging Overnight |PakistanTribe.com

[dropcap]A[/dropcap] man died in a house fire caused by the overheating of an iPhone 5 battery which was plugged in to charge overnight, an inquest heard. 

Marek Kruger, 53, who was bed bound due to a brain tumor two years before his death, died from smoke inhalation at his home in Reading in August last year.

The inquest at Reading town hall on Wednesday heard that Mr Kruger would often keep his mobile phone by his side, and used to charge it using an extension lead to make it more accessible.

Jonathan Fuguet, of Bureau Veritas Laboratories, who was employed to investigate by Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service, confirmed the overheating of the iPhone battery had caused the fire because the device was on the bed covers and the heat was unable to circulate freely.  brain tumor

“It is like putting it into a fire but much slower,” Mr Fuguet said.

Ravi Sidhu, assistant coroner for Berkshire, recorded a narrative verdict and said: “The main cause of Mr Kruger’s death was smoke inhalation”.

“He would not have known much about what was going on around him.

“He had been overcome by the effects of smoke from a fire caused by the battery of the phone which had been covered by bed coverings.”

Video

Subscribe PakistanTribe’s YouTube Channel