[dropcap]T[/dropcap]he sharp rise in breast cancer worldwide is a reality and needs to be taken seriously. Studies have found out that to decrease its occurrence and lead a healthy life, a plant based diet can come handy.Here are tips to have good food choices and healthy lifestyle changes to survive the dreaded disease.
– Eat more plant foods before and after diagnosis. It also increases the survival of breast cancer victims.
– Carotenoid-rich (yellow, orange, red, purple coloured fruits and vegetables) reduced the risk for breast cancer
– The same goes to those consuming more soy products after diagnosis.
– Avoid consuming more saturated fat, as it increases the risk.
– Once diagnosed it is also best to avoid alcohol, dairy products, and red and processed meat products.
– Try to exercise regularly and maintain a healthy body weight.