[dropcap]W[/dropcap]ho doesn’t like pizza? Everybody does! Here we present you some interesting facts you’d wish to know about the popular delicious food.
Have a look!
1. NASA is developing 3D printed pizzas for astronauts. Such solution as 3D printed food will help to make long lasting space missions.
2. The first pizzeria in the US Opened in 1905 and still runs till this day, it even offered $0.05 Pizza’s for its 100th Birthday. That Lombardi pizzeria is located in New York. Originally it served pies and slices to immigrants from Italy.
3. There is a pizza place in Alaska that delivers by plane. They may bring you a pizza even if you are 200 miles away.
4. People who consume a lot of pizza may actually be decreasing their risk of cancer.
5. Pizza boxes usually can’t be recycled due to the oils left by pizza. If you place your pizza boxes in a recycle cart, it does more harm than good.
6. Pizza Hut made a delivery to the International Space Station in 2001. They paid the Russians $1 million to transport the Pizza. That space pizza was 6 inches in diameter to fit into the oven they had aboard the ISS.
7. “Hawaiian pizza” was invented by 2 Greek brothers in Ontario, Canada. The culinary fusion we normally call “Hawaiian pizza” was first made in 1962 by the guy whose name was Sam Panopolous.
8. The world’s first pizzeria in Italy (dating back to 1738) still serves pizza. Visit this place called “Antica Pizzeria Port ‘Alba” if you travel to Naples.
9. Pizza Hut makes a pizza with cheeseburgers in the crust. Chicken nuggets may also be added.
10. According to Congress, pizza sauce is now considered a vegetable in America.