[dropcap]R[/dropcap]anveer Singh is the new age superstar, the one man who threatens to offer some real stiff opposition to Ranbir Kapoor. And with Deepika Padukone by his side and most top directors queuing up to sign him, there is no stopping this infectiously energetic actor.
Here are 10 unknown interesting facts about Ranveer Singh.
1. Ranveer who injured his shoulder during the shooting of Bajirao Mastani had earlier suffered a serious leg injury during the shooting of Lootera.
2. Ranveer’s full name is Ranveer Singh Bhavnani. He dropped his surname ‘Bhavnani’ because he felt it would become too long and would undermine his saleable value. His ‘Singh’ surname comes from his grandfather who is a Sikh.
3. Ranveer Singh is Sonam Kapoor’s cousin as Ranveer is Sonam’s mother’s sister’s son.
4. Ranveer was reportedly dating Ahana Deol before entering the film industry.
5. Ranveer worked as a copywriter in ad agency O&M before becoming an actor.
6. Ranveer always wanted to become an actor and struggled for three years before Aditya Chopra gave him a break.
7. When Aditya Chopra offered him the lead role in Band Baajaa Baarat, Ranveer was so overwhelmed that he went to a corridor and started crying.
8. When Ranveer met Anushka for the first time before the shoot of Band Baaja Baaraat, he was very nervous as he was a big fan of Anushka.
9. Although Ranveer received offers to act in ads even before his Bollywood debut, he didn’t do them because he felt a fresh face always works much better in movies and doing an ad would take that thing away.
10. Amitabh Bachchan sent Ranveer a handwritten note after seeing his performance in Ram-Leela.