[dropcap]A[/dropcap]n upset tummy doesn’t allow to rest or enjoy your holidays. The condition leaves you uncomfortable and feeling stressful. Here are a few recipes to ease your trouble.
Here are the recipes, read on!
1. Chilled carrot ginger soup
2 cups water
1/2 kg carrots (peeled)
4 tsp fresh ginger (minced)
1 ½ cups buttermilk
¼ tsp salt
– In a medium saucepan, bring water to boil
– Add carrots and ginger. Cook, covered, over medium-low heat 25 minutes or until tender; chill in covered saucepan.
– Puree carrots and liquid in food processor or blender until smooth
– Pour into a bowl; stir in buttermilk and salt
– Swirl in a little extra to decorate
2. Ginger tea
3 ¼ cups hot water
½ cup finely chopped fresh ginger (left unpeeled)
2 tbsp loose black tea leaves
½ cup evaporated milk
½ cup sweetened condensed milk, or to taste
– Bring water and ginger to a boil in a saucepan, then remove from heat
– Stir in tea and cover. Let it rest for 3 to 5 minutes.
– Stir in milk, then pour through a sieve into a blender, pressing hard on and then discarding solids.
– Blend until foamy, then pour into mugs and sweeten with more condensed milk if desired.
Tip: Be careful when blending hot liquids as they might spill and burn your skin