[dropcap]M[/dropcap]UMBAI – You must be aware of some of the things about the Bollywood’s dimple girl but these are the some other things you might be unaware of and knowing on the special eve is a good idea.
Here are the facts, read on!
1. Deepika Padukone made her debut as an actress in the Kannada film Aishwarya in 2006, which was a big hit. The romantic comedy turned out to be a huge success at the box office.
2. She is related to the legendary filmmaker Guru Dutt whose real name was Vasanth Padukone.
3. Deepika was supposed to make her debut with Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Saawariya movie but Bhansali decided to sign Sonam instead.
4. She is the first actress ever to have delivered four consecutive Rs 100-crore hits! Race 2, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, Chennai Express and Ram Leela.
5. Before she came into the film industry Deepika was in a relationship with wannabe actor Nihar Pandya whom she left under very dramatic circumstances when she got involved with Ranbir Kapoor. In fact Pandya was to star film based on his relationship with Deepika. Luckily that idea remained unfulfilled.
6. Deepika was born in Copenhagen, Denmark and migrated to Bangalore at the age of 11 months.
7. Deepika was an excellent badminton player just like her dad. She had played badminton at the National level. She is also a baseball player as she had participated in some of the state level baseball tournaments.
8. For the movie Chandani Chowk to China Deepika learned Japanese martial art form of Jujutsu and performed the stunts in the movie without any duplicates.
9. The first ever dialogue by Deepika in her debut movie Om Shanti Om was, “Kutte, Kameene, Bhagwaan Ke Liye Mujhe Chhod De.”
10. Deepika has never been paired with Salman Khan. Her proximity to Shah Rukh Khan is said to be the reason. Salman shuns actreses who work closely with SRK: Priyanka Chopra, Anushka Sharma, Deepika.
11. She isn’t spontaneously friendly, has to work on getting it right and according to a close friend,doesn’t trust easily.