[dropcap]D[/dropcap]id you know that eating oranges help you stay young? Did you know they could be green? I am pretty sure there’s much more you’ve never heard about this cool and tasty fruit.
Here we collected Some interesting facts about oranges to surprise and educate you; Read on
1. It is illegal to eat oranges while bathing in California. An orange acid mixed with bath oils may be highly explosive!
2. In a tropical climate, oranges are green. In a temperate climate, oranges are orange. The orange effect is caused by lack of the sun.
3. Orange juice is a cure for acid indigestion. The highly acidic juice turns alkaline in your stomach. Orange juice is 10 thousand times more acidic than the pH of human’s blood!
4. Oranges help humans to stay young. The fruit is rich in antioxidants that neutralize the effects of free radicals and unstable oxygen molecules in a human body, which are blamed for aging and a number of diseases.
5. Moro oranges are also called blood oranges! There is not need to worry, however, it’s just because of the pulp which is bright red. Moro oranges are very sweet in fact.
6. After chocolate and vanilla, orange is the world’s favorite flavor. Nothing tastes better than the juicy, sweet and ripe orange!
7. Christopher Columbus brought the first orange seeds and seedlings to the New World on his second voyage in 1493. He didn’t forget to bring lemon seeds as well.
8. Botanically speaking, fruit of orange tree belongs to the group of berries. Orange flesh is normally divided in ten segments. Size and sweetness of the fruit may vary depending on its variety.
9. 85% of globally produced oranges are converted into orange juice. So many people from the western societies like to have it for breakfast.
10. Sticks made of orange wood are used for pedicure and manicure. Orange wood is chosen for such purpose as it does not splinter and because it is non-absorbent.