[dropcap]T[/dropcap]wins are quite interesting, and I wonder at times how it is like to have a twin sister and brother. And to discover more about such beautiful creation of nature, I did some digging. I realized that there is more to the twins that we usually know, something we cannot see.
1. Separate twins have known to live kind of similar lives.
Sometimes their similarity goes beyond coincidence. Falling ill at the same time, using the same brands and lot more that can boggle your mind.
2. If Identical male twins that have children with female identical twins..
they will genetically be full siblings but will be classified as cousins legally.
3. Twins can be of different races.
They can have different biological fathers. There are times when two eggs get released, which could both be fertilised by separate male donors. As for the different races, the parents should be of mixed races and their sperm and eggs both should have a potential for multiple skin types.
4. Show the signs of their bond in the womb.
They touch their twin more than themselves by the 18th week, and twins gestured with and were delicate to each other according to an Italian study.
5. If you want to tell twins apart, belly button is the easiest way.
This is of course not the only way. Despite identical DNA, even the identical twins do not have identical fingerprints. They are formed when babies touch amniotic sac, whose unique forms and ridges leave people with their individual fingerprints.
6. Taller women are more likely to give birth to twins.
Women who consume animal products, especially dairy products are five times more likely to give birth to twins.
7. Twins that are exact reflections of other are called mirror twins.
On will be right handed and the other, left-handed. And the birthmarks would appear on the opposite sides of the body.
8. Twins can help mother live longer.
Women who give birth to twins are healthier than those who don’t.
9. Mother’s body can adapt to twins.
A mother’s breasts individually adjust their temperature to regulate the comfort of each twin.
10. Twins can be born months apart.
Due to complications, twins can sometimes be born weeks to months apart.