One can’t exclude Sonam Kapoor, while naming the top fashionistas in Bollywood. This Bollywood diva draws our eyes with anything that she wears, and is even establishing herself as a prominent actress in the industry gradually.
We bring to you 8 interesting but lesser known facts about Sonam Kapoor.
- We all know that Actor Arjun Kapoor is Sonam’s cousin brother. What most of us don’t know is, she’s also actor Ranveer Singh’s cousin sister, from her mother’s side.
- Sonam is a book freak. Her love for books goes beyond fashion magazine. Her favourite authors are Nancy Drew and Enid Blyton.
- Sonam started her career in Bollywood as an assistant director with Sanjay Leela Bhansali in his film “Black” (2005).
- As a child, Sonam was obese. She had to lose around 35 kilograms before she acted in “Saawariya” (2007).
- Zoya Akhtar first wanted to cast Sonam for “Zindegi Na Milegi Dobara”. But Sonam turned the offer down, considering that it was a film about three men and she had little to act in the film.
- Apart from clothes and accessories, Sonam is very choosy about perfumes. her favourite brands are Chanel, Jean Paul Gaultier and Dior.
- Sonam loves dogs, she has two pets called Bacardi and coke.
- Sonam’s first job was as an waitress. After completion of school, Sonam went to Singapore to study theatre and arts. The allowance given to her wasn’t enough and she decided to earn something on her own. And here we think they’re all born with golden spoons!