Baking soda can do a lot more than just sit in the back of the fridge. Try these easy tips and put baking soda to work in aspect of your house:
- Keep your grill clean all summer long by putting some baking soda on a damp brush, scrubbing the grate, then rinsing.
- Add 1 cup of baking soda to your next load of laundry (along with your regular liquid detergent) to get clothes cleaner and brighter.
- Remove baked-on residue by shaking a generous amount of baking soda on pots and pans. Then add hot water and dish detergent, let sit for 15 minutes and wash as usual.
- To brighten a dull floor finish, dissolve ½ cup baking soda in a bucket of warm water. Mop and rinse for a shiny floor.
- To put out a grease fire, scatter baking soda over it by the handful to extinguish flames.
- Clean the dishwasher and coffeemaker by running an empty cycle with baking soda.
- For instant relief from bug bites, sunburn and poison ivy, mix baking soda with a little water and apply it directly to the sore.
- Exfoliate your skin with a paste of 3 parts baking soda to one part water. Apply gently with your fingertips in a circular motion, then rinse.
- Mix a little baking soda into your conditioner and lather on your hair to keep it healthy and resistant to split ends.