Be-Aware: Hand Sanitizer Can Be A Threat To Your Child’s Life

Be-Aware: Hand Sanitizer Can Be A Threat To Your Child's Life|PakistanTribe.com

Be-Aware: Hand Sanitizer Can Be A Threat To Your Child's Life|PakistanTribe.comHand sanitizer is known for ridding people of germs and bacteria, in effect keeping people healthy but after swallowing two to three squirts, hand sanitizer can be deadly.

In fact, it can make people, especially children and teens, dangerously drunk and give them alcohol poison. And it seems many teens aren’t aware of this.

Dr. Gaylord Lopez, the Georgia Poison Center’s director, told said, “A kid is not thinking this is bad for them,” and A lot of the more attractive (hand sanitizers) are the ones that are scented. There are strawberry, grape, orange flavored hand sanitizers that are very appealing to kids.”

“Kids are getting into these products more frequently, and unfortunately, there’s a percentage of them going to the emergency room,” Lopez told

Most hand sanitizers include isopropyl alcohol, also known as rubbing alcohol, which is toxic and can damage one’s nervous system, according to chemistry expert.

This kind of alcohol, commonly found in hand sanitizers or nail-polish removers, can make one go blind and cause brain, liver and kidney damage.

Most hand sanitizers include between 45 to 95 % alcohol, where as beer and wine contain between 5 to 12 %, Sipping too much sanitizer will often lead to alcohol poisoning.

So keep this away from the reach of your kids to save their life.

Video

Subscribe PakistanTribe’s YouTube Channel