If you have been using your microwave only for heating food, you probably don’t know the multiple uses it can be put into. So before buying a new appliance for your kitchen, make sure you are making the finest use of your microwave which alone can do the work of a number of expensive kitchen appliances.
Here are some amazing uses of Microwave
- The freshness of cereals and crackers can be restored by heating them in full power for 30 seconds.
- You can quickly boil the potatoes by putting them in a poly bag, sprinkling some water over them and then running them in the microwave on full power for 5-6 minutes.
- It becomes very easy to peel garlic if you microwave it for a few seconds as the skin comes off very easily.
- If honey or jam has crystallized, just remove the lid, place the jar in the microwave, and heat for two minutes.
- Place the herbs on a paper towel and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. Your dried herbs are ready. You can also use your microwave to dry soggy foods.
- Microwave lemon for 20 seconds and you will be able to extract more juice.
- To get foamy milk for hot beverages, pour fresh milk about halfway in a jar. Close its lid and shake the milk until it becomes frothy. Remove the lid, place the jar in the microwave, and heat it high for 30 seconds. Pour it over your hot drink.
- It becomes easier to peel fruits like tomatoes, apricots and prunes if you microwave them for 1-2 minutes.