Health Guide: 7 Foods That Should Not Be Reheated

Health Guide: 7 Foods That Should Not Be Reheated|PakistanTribe.com

Health Guide: 7 Foods That Should Not Be Reheated|PakistanTribe.com

Opening your fridge and remembering that you have pizza left over from the night before is the best feeling especially when you are starving.

Leftovers can make a quick lunch or give you an excuse to skip cooking dinner. All in all, they’re great. That is, until you have to reheat them.

Some foods reheat quickly and nicely in the microwave, while others require the stove top and a little added oil. And then there are some foods that should absolutely under no circumstance be reheated ever.

 We’ve outlined the foods that you shouldn’t reheat you. Have a look!

Coffee:

Just drink it hot the first time around, please. If you absolutely must, you can give coffee a couple seconds in the microwave but it will never taste the same.

Potato:

Potatoes are nutritious but they lose their nutritional value if you let them be at room temperature for long. They can actually become toxic and cause illnesses, such as food-poisoning.

Eggs:

You should never ever reheat your eggs. Eat them cold as they’re really good like that. Don’t eat them at all.

Baked Green Vegetables:

If it was cooked in the oven, it should be reheated in the oven and when it comes to roasted veggies, only the oven will bring them back to their former glory.

Pizza:

When you want to reheat pizza, the worst thing you can do is stick it in the microwave. Putting it in the oven on a pizza stone or baking sheet is a better option. To crisp the bottom of the crust in the skillet for a few minutes, and then add a few drops of water, cover, and allow the steam to melt the cheese.

Chicken:

Chicken is one of the most commonly reheated foods but also the most dangerous to due to the high content of protein in it. Reheating it after a day or two can cause digestive problems. If it has to be eaten after a few days, it’s best to be consumed alone.

Rice:

Uncooked rice can contain spores of Bacillus cereus, a bacterium that can cause the illness. When the rice is cooked, the spores can survive but if left at room temperature, the spores can grow into bacteria. These bacteria can multiply and may produce toxins that cause vomiting and/or diarrhoea. The longer the cooked rice is left at room temperature, the more likely it is that the bacteria or toxins could make it unsafe to eat.

Video

Subscribe PakistanTribe’s YouTube Channel