You must have used baking soda which is also known as bicarbonate of soda, a frequent ingredient required in many recipes.
If baking soda does not exist in your country, look for it at the chemist’s, where it’s usually known as sodium bicarbonate as mentioned earlier. Before going to check other ways to fix things with the help of baking soda, first we would do the quick and easy way to test if the baking soda is fresh. All you need to do is to add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to 1/2 cup of hot water. The soda will actively bubble if it is fresh.
In this context, we have listed down some tips to make the job easier and save time when cleaning and freshening around the home and also in health and beauty remedies.
- Careful use of baking soda can help make certain foods tastier. A very tiny pinch of baking soda in coffee, orange juice, or tomato soup, for example, can prevent an acidic stomach after eating. Be careful not to overdo it or food will taste bland.
- Just sprinkle, scrub and flush. Baking soda’s abrasive qualities are great for cleaning porcelain.
- For a fresh bite, rush inside and pour a tablespoon of baking soda in your palm. Wet it with a few drops of water to make a paste, then smudge it on the bite area. Let it dry. Treating a mark this way as soon as possible will minimize the red mark and the itching would quickly decrease.
- For hot, sweaty feet or tired, achy toes, put your feet in a basin of cool water with baking soda stirred in. Soak for 15 to 20 minutes, then rinse and dry. This will help cut down on odor and may also help ease athlete’s foot.
- For a quick way to whiten your teeth in the morning, sprinkle baking soda into your palm, dip a damp toothbrush into it, and brush. Then rinse and follow with your toothpaste.
- Help the sore heal faster by swishing every couple of hours with a solution of 1 teaspoon baking soda stirred until it dissolves into 1 cup warm water.
- To clean the microwave oven, sprinkle some baking soda on a damp cloth and gently scrub away any microwave mess.
- Sprinkle baking soda on top of oil and grease stains in your garage. Scrub with a wet brush.
- Add a one-quarter teaspoon of baking soda to every three eggs you beat. The omelet will be light and fluffy. Don’t add too much or your eggs will taste bad, and be careful not to oversalt since the soda adds a slightly salty taste.
- Blood stains, if fresh, may be removed by washing in cold water. If hard and dry steep for a few hours in cold water, to which add a pinch of baking soda. Washing and bleaching will finish the process. Never put blood stains in hot water.
Do you have information you wish to share with PakistanTribe.com? Email our News Desk to share news tips, reports and general feedback. You can also email the Blog Desk if you have an opinion or narrative to share. Follow PakistanTribe on Twitter Follow @PakistanTribe and Join us on Facebook