Summer brings on our hate relationship with mosquitoes every year. Every one of us has been through this situation at start or during the summer but the most disturbing thing is; we have very limited solutions to handle summer’s most unwelcome guest “Mosquitoes”.
But here we have found some formulas that will help you keep these creepy mosquitoes far from you and your home.
- One of the easiest home remedies for getting rid of mosquitoes is to simply reduce the amount of standing water that they can use for breeding in and around your house. Make sure to empty any buckets of water after using them.
- Avoid wearing bright flashy colored clothing, perfumes, hairsprays and other cosmetics. These all can attract mosquitoes.
- Burn the leaves of neem. The smoke will repel the mosquitoes.
- Before going to sleep rub lemon juice on your face hands and feet, which will prevent mosquito bite.
- After eating lots of garlic, garlic oil is gently released from your pores. This garlic oil acts almost like a barrier between your skin and the mosquitoes.
- The odour of tea tree oil and its antifungal and antibacterial properties help prevent mosquitoes from biting you and drive them away.
- Make a mixture of Shampoo, Natural vinegar with concentration of 9% (Do not use syntactic acid) and Natural vegetable oil (it could be of your choice). Apply this on your body while going out.
- Place mosquito repellent plants around your home; these include eucalyptus, ginger plant, lavender, lemon grass, marigold and rosemary.
- Hang crushed cloves in decorative bags around the house. They’ll look pretty, smell nice and keep the mosquitoes away.
Hope next time you will remember this when you are watching a movie or busy with something interesting and all of a sudden you listen a strange sound which distract your attention. Do try all these as these are the easiest home remedies to prevent mosquitoes.
Do you have information you wish to share with PakistanTribe.com? Email our News Desk to share news tips, reports and general feedback. You can also email the Blog Desk if you have an opinion or narrative to share. Follow PakistanTribe on Twitter Follow @PakistanTribe and Join us on Facebook