ISLAMABAD/SATPARA – US Aid claims to provide 5500 new jobs and 20% increase in the income of more than 12,000 families through Satpara Development Project in Gilgit Baltistan, PakistanTribe received reports from US Aid.
Satpara project was launched and initiated by government and financed by US Aid with the main objectives to increase incomes of local families by 20% and new jobs to the local people.
Further the constructions of irrigation system and improvements in the growing, processing and marketing of their agricultural products.
US Aid agency gave a social media message
— USAID Pakistan (@USAID_Pakistan) February 27, 2015
US Aid claimed to start the project with a full focus on the key areas including
- Construct irrigation system including approximately 200 tertiary water courses to improve fodder and agricultural production in an area of 15,500 acres.
- Establish 200 water users’ associations and train them to manage irrigation water better.
- Introduce improved fruit and vegetable varieties, as well as new techniques for handing produce.
- Create publicprivate partnerships for agricultural extension services and certification of agricultural produce
- Establish a privatesector processing industry that can convert currently wasted fruit into additional products
- Improve cattle breeds through artificial Insemination.
- Improve local roads.
- Build capacity of all the stakeholders in their respective field
US Aid claims having a worthy role in development of the area.
Do you have information you wish to share with PakistanTribeCom? Email our News Desk to share news tips, reports and general feedback. You can also email the Blog Desk if you have an opinion or narrative to share. Follow PakistanTribe on Twitter Follow @PakistanTribe and Join us on Facebook