ISLAMABAD – Military courts were not the smart and happily accepted solution for political leadership and the ultimate objective was to promote civilian institution like National Counter Terrorism Authority (NACTA) which is being promoted by government by financing it Rs 1,000 million, PakistanTribe received reports.
According to details, high officers of government met in Islamabad to discuss the importance and future of NACTA. It was agreed by leadership that NACTA will be given Rs 1,000 million to be functional properly.
It was also agreed that the salaries of employees will be increased to double and new staff will be hired.
Total Rs 1300 million were demanded from government to run NACTA properly but immediately the approval was given for Rs 1,000 million.
NACTA will be given a separate office near secretariat in new building. Talented officers of Police, ISI, CIA, IB and FIA will also be inducted in NACTA.
It is important to highlight that NACTA deals with under given functions
1. To receive and collate data or information or intelligence, and disseminate and coordinate between all relevant stakeholders
2. To coordinate and prepare comprehensive National counter terrorism and counter extremism strategies, and reviews them on periodical basis.
3. To develop action plans against terrorism and extremism and report to the Federal Government about implementation of these plans, on periodical basis
4. To carry out research on topics relevant to terrorism and extremism and to prepare and circulate documents
5. To carry out liaison with international entities for facilitating cooperation in areas relating to terrorism and extremism
Do you have information you wish to share with PakistanTribeCom? Email our News Desk to share news tips, reports and general feedback. You can also email the Blog Desk if you have an opinion or narrative to share. Follow PakistanTribe on Twitter Follow @PakistanTribe and Join us on Facebook