KARACHI – Law and order security situation in Karachi is normalizing every passing day as decision for continuing the targeted operation in Karachi was taken by Director General (DG) Ranger Major General Bilal Akbar to ensure peace for general public and business community.
According to detail Information Minister Sindh Sharjeel Memon said that Sindh government is concerned with the peace in Karachi and government will ensure peace. He said that threats to business community will not be accepted and the people threatening the business community will be strictly treated with law.
Also in a meeting presided by Major General Bilal Akbar it was decided that the targeted operation in Karachi will be continued.
Earlier the murder of MQM worker has jolted the whole city as MQM had called strike in the city for target killing of its unit Incharge Sohail Ahmad.
Earlier, Sohail Ahmed, MQM unit in-charge for society sector 64, had been kidnapped from outside a mosque on December 15 from Bahadur Abad. His body was identified at the Abbasi Shaheed Hospital today, following which MQM workers gathered at the hospital in large numbers.
Shops and petrol pumps were shut in Bahadur Abad, Liaquat Abad, Tariq Road, Mehmood Abad and other neighborhoods soon after.
Do you have information you wish to share with PakistanTribeCom? Email our News Desk to share news tips, reports and general feedback. You can also email the Blog Desk if you have an opinion or narrative to share. Follow PakistanTribe on Twitter Follow @PakistanTribe and Join us on Facebook