MUMBAI – Actor Sanjay Dutt is awaiting a decision on his application for extension of furlough by another 14 days as his initial two week leave ends on January 8. The actor applied for furlough last week. He had been granted a two week furlough leave by the Pune prison authorities at Yerawada where he is serving his five year rigorous imprisonment for illegal possession of an AK-56 rifle before the March 12,1993 serial blasts in Mumbai.
“Furlough is permitted by law and the leave granted to Dutt is well within the law,”said Dutt’s lawyer Hitesh Jain earlier. He added, “Furlough is granted to convicts on a regular basis as a means to retain contact with family and society”Jain said, “There is nothing illegal or irregular about the leave or its approval,” Dutt had filed for his annually available furlough -a leave of absence from prison—in October. The prison authorities sanctioned it on December 22 and he was released as soon as the winter assembly session of the state ended.
Sanjay Dutt is out of prison on a two-week furlough and the actor had happiness writ large on his face as he made his way out from Yerwada Central Jail.
The grin was on when Dutt reached his Pali Hill residence and was met by a hoard of photographers. The newly-trim actor happily flashed his washboard abs upon request. “I have lost nearly 18 kilos. If I lose any more weight, I will vanish,” the actor revealed.
The 55-year-old has kept in touch with his filmmaker friends like Rohit Shetty and Rajkumar Hirani through letters and had boasted about his new ‘8-pack abs’.
And the chiselled abdomen is not all that he has worked upon all this while. “I have written as many as ten scripts and will start working on them soon,” said Dutt.
Do you have information you wish to share with PakistanTribeCom? Email our News Desk to share news tips, reports and general feedback. You can also email the Blog Desk if you have an opinion or narrative to share. Follow PakistanTribe on Twitter Follow @PakistanTribe and Join us on Facebook