ISLAMABAD – Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC) has increased the admission seats in seven medical colleges of health department, PakistanTribe reported.
This decision came with a condition that heads of these medical colleges would not increase any number of seats in coming future on their own.
It was also reported that these seven medical colleges have increased the admission seats on their own for on-going education session of 2013-14. However, the management of colleges submitted the annual registration documents with PMDC, the council refused to acknowledge increased seat. The objection raised at that time remained ‘no prior permission sought in this regard’.
The details of the new seats in medical colleges are as under:
- Punjab Medical College = Old 250. New 325.
- Nishtar Medical College Multan = Old 250. New 325.
- Qaud-i-Azam Medical College = Old 300. new 325.
- Nishtar Institute of Dentistry Multan = Old 50. New 66.
- Services Institute of Medical Sciences Lahore = Old 150. New 200.
- Sheikh Zaid Rahimyar Khan = Old 100. New 150.
- Nawaz Sharif Medical College = Old 50. New 100.
Do you have information you wish to share with PakistanTribeCom? Email our News Desk to share news tips, reports and general feedback. You can also email the Blog Desk if you have an opinion or narrative to share. Follow PakistanTribe on Twitter Follow @PakistanTribe and Join us on Facebook