KARACHI – With 7.9 inch screen, 8 MP rare rare-facing camera, 6.9 mm thickness and 32 GB storage, Nokia’s new Android N-1 set to be launched in February 2015.
The release dates of N-1 are not yet known but its cost will be around $ 249 (Rs 24,900 approximately). Nokia will launch the tablet in China in February, followed by Russia and the other regions.
The tablet is the first device to feature the Nokia brand after the Finnish firm announced it would be licencing its name to manufacturers. Nokia phone’s owner Microsoft recently ditched brand in favor of Lumia. As part of this deal, Nokia cannot use its brand on smartphones until 2016.
- Inside the N1 is a 2.4GHz quad-core Intel Atom Z3580 processor, with 2GB of RAM.
- It is made from aluminium – in either ‘Natural’ or Lava Grey’ – and weighs 0.7lbs (318g).
- It is 0.2-inches (6.9mm) thick – thinner than Apple’s 0.3-inches (7.5mm) iPad mini 3
- In terms of software, the N1 runs Android 5.0 Lollipop with Nokia’s own Z Launcher.
- The launcher monitors which apps users frequently open and ‘adapts to them’ by rearranging the app list accordingly.
- It isn’t reserved to the N1 though, and can be downloaded to other Android devices.