The announcement from FIVB comes a week after a British-Iranian woman was jailed for five months after being arrested in Tehran for trying to attend a volleyball match.
A spokesman for the international federation told AFP that the FIVB will “not give Iran the right to host any future FIVB directly controlled events such as World Championships, especially under age, until the ban on women attending volleyball matches is lifted”.
“This does not include other volleyball tournaments or next year’s World League tournament because the fixtures are already confirmed,” the spokesman added.
The secretary general of the Iranian federation has confirmed that the FIVB had already informed Iran it would be able to organize the under-19 championships in 2015.
Women are also banned from attending football matches in Iran.
The Iranian regime’s police chief General Esmail Ahmadi Moghaddam said in June “we cannot allow the presence of women in stadia” because gender mixing “is not yet in the public interest”.
No reason has been given for the jailing on November 2 of Goncheh Ghavami, a 25-year-old law graduate from London who has been on hunger strike since the verdict was pronounced against her.
However following her arrest in June she was accused of spreading propaganda against the clerical regime in Iran.