‘Karachi back to normalcy’ Just a hoax as forced shutdown continues

PAKISTAN-BRITAIN-POLITICS-ARREST-MQM

KARACHI – The reports of restoration of normalcy after unannounced strike amid Altaf Hussain’s arrest in country’s financial hub fading away as mid-day violence forced businesses to shut once again.

The reports from Karachi’s different financial centers turn down the reports of ‘normalcy return’ on Thursday as miscreants kept pressurizing the business owners to keep shut their businesses.

Confirmed reports from the metropolis areas stated that armed persons resorted to closure of shops and petrol stations. However, during a press talk at around 11:30 am today at Numaish Intersection, Mutahidda Qaumi Movement (MQM)’s leader Farooq Sattar had said traders and transporters must continue their routine operations in the city. He also said MQM did not want closure of business activities.

Reports are being received from different areas including Nazimabaad, Liaqatabad, Golimar and Gulshan-e-Iqbal that businesses and petrol stations have been shut in the aforementioned localities.

Incidents of aerial firing were reported from Orangi and Nazimabad areas where markets and shops had been forcefully closed.

Chairman Karachi Tajir Ittehad said some elements were forcing closure of business centres.

About the author

Hissan Khan

Hissan Khan is currently working as the Editorial Head of Pakistan Tribe's Islamabad Office. Having work as current affairs host, news analyst and C4D expert, Hissan holds a good command over communication and development strategies.

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Video

Subscribe PakistanTribe’s YouTube Channel