KABUL – Mumbai Attack style was repeated once again but this time at Indian consulate in Afghanistan where three heavily armed militants lodged a gorilla style attack until last man standing.
According to the details by Afghanistan news media, the attack was lodged at Indian consulate in Herat on Friday morning.
Both countries, Afghanistan and India, have been experiencing the formation of new governments.
Details showed that the militants, armed with suicide vests and automatic rifles started opening fire on the consulate from a nearby multi-story residential building at about 5 am local time.
Two of the attackers have been killed and the third one still fighting with the Afghan security forces, the Afghan Deputy Interior Minister, Gen Mohammad Ayub Salangi told media.
There is no casualties inflicted to the Indian personnel at the consulate and the Afghan forces who fight the insurgents, said Mr Salangi.
No group, including the Taliban, who vowed to intensify their attacks in spring, have claimed responsibility for the attack.
The attack is the second on an Indian diplomatic mission in Afghanistan in the past 10 months.
In August last year, a suicide bomber detonated his explosive-laden vehicles near the Indian consulate in the eastern city of Jalalabad, in which 9 children were killed and 21 other civilians were wounded.
The car bomb we set off near a mosque leading to the consulate.