MUZAFFARABAD – Military officials have confirmed lodging formal protest with Indian counter parts for time and again unprovoked violations of ceasefire at Line of Control (LoC).
According to an official statement, the Pakistan Army lodged a protest with Indian authorities unprovoked firing at the Bhattal sector of the LoC.
According to Pakistan Army sources the Indian troops fired small arms and launched mortars, which prompted Pakistani troops to respond effectively. however, no loss of life or damage to property has been reported so far.
This was the third ceasefire violation in the last three weeks. The two armies accused each other of breaching the 2003 ceasefire agreement on April 25, breaking almost three months of calm in the disputed region of Jammu and Kashmir. Three days later, the two sides exchanged fire again on April 27, Although, no loss of life was reported from either side during the latest clashes, the situation indicates the fragile nature of the truce.
In 2013, the Indian Armed forces had violated the ceasefire at LoC at least 21 times.
- July 27, 2013: LoC Violation at Rawlakot’s Nezapir sector killed one soldier and injured another.
- July 30, 2013: LoC incident at Poonch sector killed four civilians by Indian Police ambush.
- August 8, 2013: LoC Violation at Tatta Pani Sector injured one civilian.
- August 11, 2013: LoC Violation but no casulaties or injuries.
- August 12, 2013: Lo C Violation at Battal, Chirikot and Satwal sectors killed one civilian.
- August 14, 2013: LoC Violation at Battal Sector killed one civilian and injured another.
- August 15, 2013: LoC Violation in Kotli injured six civilians.
- August 21, 2013: LoC Violation at Sakardu killed one soldier and injured another.
- August 24, 2013: LoC Violation in Nakyal Sector. Killed one soldier
- August 25, 2013: LoC Violation in Himalayan region of Kashmir. Killed two women and injured seven others.
- August 26, 2013: LoC Violation injured six civilians.
- August 27, 2013: LoC Violation in Nakyal Sector injured five civilians.
- September 2, 2013: LoC Violation in Nakyal Sector but no reported casualties or injuries, however, one school was damaged.
- October 4, 2013: LoC Violation in Kotli injured four civilians.
- October 11, 2013: LoC Violation killed one child and injured three civilians.
- October 15, 2013: LoC Violation in Nakyal Sector injured one woman.
- October 17, 2013: LoC Violation in Chaprar Sector (near Sialkot) killed one soldier.
- October 19, 2013: LoC Violation in Sialkot Sector killed one and injured two.
- October 21, 2013: LoC Violation in Sialkot Sector injured eight civilians.
- October 23, 2013: LoC Violation in Sialkot Sector again.
- February 15, 2013: One soldier killed at LoC in Nowshera Sector
Total Violations: 21
Total Casualties: 15
Civilians = 10
Soldiers = 5
Total Injured: 46
Soldier = 2
Civilians = 44