Amid power shortfall in Sindh, Sharjeel Memon says no tension with PML-N

Nawaz Zardari - Copy

KARACHI – Even though the power cuts touching sky high in Sindh, the information minister and loud vocalist in the lines of Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP), Sharjeel Inam Memon, clarified that there was no ‘tension’ with Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) led federal government.

Memon was speaking to media representatives on Monday upon his arrival at the Sindh Assembly.

He said “There is no tension between the federal government and Sindh. Electricity shortfall is a genuine issue which would be discussed with the Prime Minister (Nawaz Sharif).”

Replying to a question he said “We are taking actions against the illegal hydrants in the city. Actions were taken in areas like Manghopir.”

Not to forget that Manghopir was previously considered a high risk zone and no-go area in Karachi due the presence of criminal elements.

Replying to some other questions, Memon said “Chief Minister Qaim Ali Shah was misinterpreted. He only lashed the strike and not the coalition partner Mutahidda Qaumi Movement (MQM). This is the high time we all must join hands.”

About the author

Hissan Khan

Hissan Khan is currently working as the Editorial Head of Pakistan Tribe's Islamabad Office. Having work as current affairs host, news analyst and C4D expert, Hissan holds a good command over communication and development strategies.

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Video

Subscribe PakistanTribe’s YouTube Channel