WEB DESK – The chairman of Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), Najam Sethi has revealed that International Cricket Council (ICC) agreed to let Pakistan nominate the President of international governing body of cricket in 2015 and also that banned fast bowler Muhammad Amir would start playing one year sooner.
Najam Sethi was addressing a press conference in Lahore on Friday afternoon when he revealed many details about future of Pakistan cricket.
Sethi said that on a special requests of PCB the ICC has admitted to let Pakistan appoint the next president. He also said that previously banned Pakistani bast bowler on the charges of spot fixing, Muhammad Amir, would return to the domestic cricket one year sooner in 2015.
Sethi also revealed that PCB had signed the MoUs – the binding agreements would be – with all cricket boards including India to play home series with Pakistan. “All teams including India will be coming to Pakistan to play series. This will not only give a rebirth to our cricket grounds but also Rs 30 billion in next eight years,” he added.
Sethi also said that Big-Three (India, Australia and England) had offered Pakistan to join the nexus but the then chairman Zaka Ashraf denied doing so. This left the PCB all lonely in cricket world. he also maintained that now for next eight years, Pakistan has secured the cricket series with all cricket playing nations.